Google

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Proof in the Pudding!

Over the past couple of weeks I have been regularly blogging. In the meantime I’ve had a few people ask me why? So as I was put on the spot, I had to think for a moment. The first thing that came to my mind was I wanted to add value to others. My goal is to inspire people to reach for more. It is far too easy to follow the crowd and let others tell you what you can and can’t do. Everyone has their opinion and most people are glad to let you hear it too! The question to ask yourself is, does their opinion add or take away value? By the way, if anyone is looking for a speaker for an event on any topic, let me know. I’d be glad to help out. I am attending the weekly Forest City Toastmasters meeting this evening to further my experience as a speaker. Practice makes perfect!

Yesterday I wrote about the laws of attraction. I would like to share with you the odd coincidences that I noticed as my day passed by. I posted the blog and went about my day. As I was working away the founder or our company asked me a question about “The Secret”. He has not seen it. He did however, have a brief idea of what it was about. I continued to explain its concept circling around the laws of attraction and quantum physics. I couldn’t help but chuckle and I told him to just go read my blog. Weird how I had just written about it earlier that day.

Doesn’t seem like much eh? However, later that evening when I got home my wife had cooked dinner. As we finished up, she mentioned she had recorded something for me on the PVR earlier. Now I must point out my wife had no prior knowledge of my earlier blog. So as she is about to fire up Oprah on the PVR I go start the dishes. “Honey come watch!” I continue to tell her "I’ll be there when I finish the dishes." She then mentions "it’s all about people who have watched the secret and they're sharing their stories of success that followed after they watched it." So as you can see, my day had a few cases where the laws of attraction came into play. Literally.

At that point the dishes could wait. It was a great episode and the stories were inspiring. For everyone who has seen “The Secret” they’ll know what a vision board is. One story that I thought was pretty cool was about a lady who started a vision board after she had watched “The Secret”. She had plans to remodel her kitchen in the future. So, She printed out a picture of a Wolf stove from the internet for her vision board. Months later she bought a stove for her kitchen.(Not a Wolf) When she had the different brand of stove installed there was an issue with the igniter on the back burner. They replaced the stove with a new one and the same issue was happening. She was upset and called her sales person to talk about her options. She went back to the store and on her way home she realized the stove she ended up with was the exact one she had printed out and placed on her vision board months earlier. Even when she bought a completely different brand of stove, the laws of attraction ended up working its way out anyway.

Now that’s proof in the pudding!

Scott Wain

No comments: